Benefits of Being Active
WHY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IS IMPORTANT
People begin physical activity for many different reasons.
We know that individuals who engage in regular physical activity are known to possess a variety of physical, mental and social benefits throughout their lifetimes, such as:
- Increased quality of Life
- Improved metabolic fitness (blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar regulation)
- Lower risk of disease (heart disease, diabetes, colorectal cancer, obesity)
- Improved mental health
- Lower levels of anxiety
- Lower levels of depression
- Better thinking capacity
- Maintenance of bone mineral density
- Improved ability to perform daily activities
“Today I will do what others won’t, so that tomorrow I can do what others can’t.”
What you should know Before You Start getting active.