Group Based Exercise
If you are having difficulties coming up with workouts on your own or want community, group classes may be a good option for you. Group classes can be found at most community and fitness centers. You can find group classes that are cardio based, strength based, or a combination of the two with varying intensities.
- Don’t have to come up with a workout- the instructor will lead you through one!
- Group support
- Guidance on proper form and techniques from a certified instructor
- Positive and reinforcing feedback
- Set time for classes- desired classes may not fit into your schedule
- Have to travel to location- not as convenient as home based exercise
- Childcare options may not be available
- Cost $$$
- Comparison to others/feelings of embarrassment
- Not individualized
Get started with the Workout Card.